Snapchat Geofilters are location-based overlays that users can apply to their Snaps. Now Snapchat enthusiasts, artists and designers around the world can submit their own fun and creative Geofilter artwork.
Following these guidelines will help increase the likelihood of your Geofilter being selected.
- Businesses are not currently eligible for Snapchat Community Geofilters.
- Draw your geofence thoughtfully, it should only cover the relevant area.
- Keep it local. Do not cover an entire Country, State or Province.
- Select a public place, neighborhood, landmark, venue or other location where people are likely to gather and send Snaps .
- All graphics used must be 100% original to Use Snapchat Geo.
- Absolutely no logos or trademarks, including school crests and similar marks.
- Be creative and make it visually compelling.
- Don’t cover up too much of the screen.
- Make sure it’s relevant to the location and something that people will want to use.
- Provide a good description, including any relevant dates for Snapchat Geofilters.
- Files should be 1080px wide.
- Files should be under 300KB (for PNGs).
Geofilters are special overlays for Snaps that can only be accessed in certain locations.
Artists and designers are encouraged to use this tool to bring their one-of-a-kind style to the Snapchat community. Simply choose the geographic area you want your filter to be available in and upload an image asset. All images must be original artwork and have to be approved by the Snapchat team.